Sidney Roberts was the first Professorial appointment to the Department of Physiological Chemistry (now Biological Chemistry) in the new UCLA Medical School in 1948. As Assistant Professor, he was appointed Acting Chairman of the Department to begin organizing the teaching program, plan the physical facilities,and review applicants for entrance to the first medical class. He became full professor in 1957. He received his B.S in Biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1939, enrolled as a graduate student at the Harvard Biological Laboratories from 1939-40, and was awarded the Ph.D in Physiological Chemistry at the University of Minnesota Medical School in 1943. In 1944, he was commissioned Second Lieutenant in the Surgeon General's Office,U.S. Army. Prior to coming to UCLA, he was Assistant Professor in the Department of Physiological Chemistry at Yale University Medical School.
Does this profile need updating? Contact Us